My cute flock

Friday, November 28, 2008

Laundry

This is one thing that plagues me. I don't mind the washing of it, it's mostly the putting away, and the fact that it is never done. I like the chores that give you a great sense of accomplishment when they are finished. Even when all the clothes are washed I still look around and think- well most of us aren't naked. This means it's not done. It would also help me out if the kids would stick to one outfit per day, I won't name names. But still I will admit to getting excited for a new product, nice smell, all of that. So I was intrigued by the idea of making my own soap. This is another thing I like, it's the Mormon woman mentalityI guess, the whole I can do that and for cheaper thing. It was kind of fun and I think the clothes look cleaner/whiter than before. At least they do to me.

3 comments:

Shelli said...

So, I think that picture is home made laundry soap. Is that correct? And you like it better? How do you make it and what is the price difference?

Kim N said...

I have been using homemade laundry soap for a few months now and I am so happy with it. Post your recipe..I would love to see if it is similar to what I use. The last batch I made I tried a new powder recipe and I love it. I am planning on posting the recipe on my blog soon.

Tamaran said...

Wow...I would never have even thought about making my own laundry soap. I would also like to know what the price difference is and how you make it. Thanks for an idea on how to save $$!