My cute flock

Friday, February 27, 2009

The Science Fair

The girls have been talking about the science fair since last years science fair. This really wasn't something Shane and I were looking forward to, just one more thing. I will admit I secretly tried to talk them out of it. Zoe really wanted to do it though, so Shane helped her out. The night before was one of those nights with the grumpy parents and the child slowly misspelling words, way past bed time. Then comes my next guilty admission, I had her take it on the bus so I wouldn't have to drive everyone to the school. The instructions for how the science fair takes place were very vague and confusing. The awards ceremony took place after school. I didn't want to go to that either, it was nap time, and honestly we really didn't think she would win anything, it was her first try. Then I decided this was one of those times when I needed to think of my child and try to make her feel good about what she had accomplished. Also she called from school saying she was staying for the assembly and would need a ride home. So we packed up and went. After looking around I thought there was no reason she couldn't win something. Anyway when they called her name for third place I was still a little surprised, she didn't say anything, just walked up and got her ribbon and came back down. Once more guilty I remembered I had forgotten my camera! She didn't say anything at all until we were getting in the car I heard her whispering to herself, "It's awesome! It's just so awesome!" Oh the overwhelming guilt! She said she just kept telling herself it doesn't matter if I win or not. When we got home she jumped out of the car and ran up the road showing all the neighbors her ribbon. My sweet girl, she did a great job! It was also a good reminder of where my thoughts should be.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Great job Zoe! What was her project about?

Rachel said...

Congratulations, Zoe! (And Molly, you are an awesome mom. You were there for her, she'll always remember that!)