Let's see... where to begin. As mothers we are no stranger to poop. So we will just speak plainly. In the beginning of the cloth diapering journey I bought liners. They look kind of like dryer sheets and are flushable. So when they are dirty, you just lift them off the diaper and throw it away. These days I just shake the diaper over the toilet. Whatever is left I just wash with the diaper with no problem. If it is really messy poop, I wipe the diaper with toilet paper, flush that, and wash the rest. Not a big deal. I have been changing diapers and wiping bums for 10 years now. Wow, that's a long time! My favorite diapers are pocket diapers. They dry fast, and you can stuff them with whatever you want. They are also one size, so hopefully they will fit until she is potty trained. It should work out, unless she suddenly starts packing on the pounds. I have made a couple of diapers too, and was amazed that I thought it was pretty fun. I think they work pretty well also. But the funnest thing I have made for diapering purposes are the longies. These work great as a cover for the diapers. I made these out of a wool sweater I bought at the thrift store for $3. The legs used to be sleeves. Wool is amazing, but that is a whole other post.

You can also make some shorties out of the same sweater. So cute!
Here are the directions I followed. These pictures are kind of blurry, but she runs everywhere she goes these days. You get the idea.
3 comments:
So cute, Molly! It took me nearly reading the whole post before I noticed that you were talking about her darling little pants. They are adorable.
That's so funny because I forgot to title the post, telling you what they were. I'm sure you were confused!
Those are way cuter than I was imagining them when we were talking! Love them!
Post a Comment